Covid-19 Information – Working on Sites
There is concern about the worldwide spread of Covid-19 and the potential serious outcome for those who may become infected.
Our priority remains to deliver on our commitments to our clients together with continuing to provide a safe working environment for all members of staff.
Measures are therefore required to prevent contamination of the workforce, their colleagues and the general population and to ensure a continuity of business.
Control Measures / Identification
Field and Site Work
- If you or someone close to you is starting to show symptoms, follow NHS and WHO advice.
- Practice ‘physical distancing’ at all times.
- Conduct site briefings and tbt in open air if conditions allow.
- Travel on your own in a car, avoid taking public transport.
- Ensure equipment is cleaned before and after use.
- Keep all welfare facilities sterilised – making use of sanitisers, wipes, gels, soap and hot water.
- Reduce number of staff taking breaks together and take breaks on a rota system.
- Limit personnel using welfare facilities in line with distancing guidelines
- Risk assess individual site facilities using a Point of Work Risk Assessment (POWRA).
- Minimise visits to shops, garages etc. Plan ahead. Task one person with getting supplies for the whole team.
- Avoid spreading / catching sickness.
- Keep the business running and our commitment to our clients.
- Comply with Government guidance.
- Keep our staff safe and healthy.
- Avoid unnecessary contact with other people
- Use your own vehicle for travel where possible
- Wipe down equipment and vehicles following use
- Safely dispose of wipes, tissues, face masks etc
- Come to work if you or a family member is unwell
- Be in close proximity of groups of people
- Act in a thoughtless way
- Forget to clean handles, keyboards, switches